Conditions of Sale
Please note we cannot sell race entry without accommodation package.
How to book
To make your booking, click on the orange button at the top of the page, ensuring that you select the correct number of rooms and types for all members in your party plus all the required extras. When you book, we will require a deposit to confirm your place.
If you prefer to speak to us, call us on 0161 676 0390 or email us
When you confirm your booking, we will take a deposit payment. Subsequent payments are taken automatically.
Before you travel, check the ‘Entry requirements’ section for Germany's current entry restrictions and requirements.
Travel insurance is an essential part of any holiday you take, and we highly recommend that you purchase suitable insurance for your trip. You must ensure that your travel insurance policy also covers you to participate in running events.
Marathon Tours & Travel's security policy requires that anyone staying in our room block must be registered as part of our package. If a registered client attempts to house a non-registered guest and /or invite them to attend any of our scheduled activities, the registered guest’s tour package will be forfeited and parties may be denied access to future tours. Please note that no exceptions will be made as this policy will be strictly enforced.
Our itinerary and details regarding the race are based on current information available at the time this package was released for sale. Whilst we expect the details to remain correct, changes are possible and will be confirmed nearer to the trip after the race organisers have confirmed final instructions. All race rules and procedures need to be followed.
Full details can be found here
Starting Pens and Bib Numbers
Although we are licensed to sell official entries for the 2023 BMW Berlin Marathon, we have no influence over the allocation of starting times and bib numbers.
Closer to the event we will send you a link which will allow you to complete the registration process for the 2023 BMW Berlin Marathon. Once you have finalised the registration process, the race organisers will allocate you a starting time and bib based on the information provided. This link will not be sent until closer to race day - please do not expect it immediately after booking - it will depend on when BMW Berlin Marathon send the links to us.
Berlin Marathon Terms of Participation
There are some terms of participation that you should be aware of, these can be read and downloaded from here
Please read the Terms for participation carefully, as you have to accept them to particpate in the event.
Berlin Marathon Extras
• adidas size chart (please note this is for reference only - you do not need to select at time of purchase)
• Pre-ordered and pre-purchased event merchandise to be collected at the EXPO with your race materials.
Your race kit
You get your race kit ONLY at the EXPO and ONLY during opening hours* former Flughafen Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin. ONLY with your start card AND a picture ID (passport, driver's license). ONLY personally (no power of attorney accepted in any case)!
Your race kit consists of:
• Your bib number and safety pins
• An athlete's wristband - will be put on your wrist at the EXPO. It is your ticket to the start area. DO NOT remove it before leaving the finish area
• A rental chip (if ordered) - If you have your own chip, please bring that to the pick-up
• Option to choose a clothing bag for bag drop at race OR a poncho, given at race finish (depending on what you have chosen at your registration)
• A goodie-bag with presents from the sponsors
• A voucher on your bib number for your pre-ordered services and merchandise from the BERLIN HALF MARATHON collection
With your registration you have the choice between the poncho and clothing bag. Please note that your choice cannot be changed afterwards.
If you choose the Poncho option:
- You will NOT get a clothing bag
- On the race day you can NOT drop-off any clothes nor any valuables or bring any luggage to the start area
- If you booked the poncho-option, you will find the corresponding symbol on your bib number
- You will get the warming and reusable poncho after crossing the finish line
- You save time, since you do not need to queue at the clothing drop-off.
If you choose the bag drop-off option:
- with your race kit you will get a transparent clothing bag and a sticker with your start number for the bag
- Clothing and valuables have to be packed into the clothing bag in order to enter the starting area
- All objects need to be packed separately and loosely. You may not put other bags in your clothing bag
- Any kind of luggage is prohibited within the start/finish area
- You drop off your clothing bag at the indicated tent and retrieve it there after you have finished
- You do NOT get a poncho!
Time measurement is done exclusively with the ChampionChip!
The ChampionChip is a small plastic transponder that has to be fastened on your running shoe (no metal contact!) and will measure your personal race time. Your net running time can only be measured if you step on the contact mats laid out on the starting and finishing lines. Likewise, you must step on all mats laid out on the route. Intermediate time check - you will be disqualified if your intermediate times are not recorded. Please return the chip in the finish.
Before you start with the registration, you will be asked to take 2-3 minutes of time to protect your health by completing a non-binding and free health check.
Regular physical activity has a positive effect on your health. However, sport is no guarantee for a risk-free state of health. Familial risk factors, but also lifestyle-related risks are not always in direct correlation with your training condition and should be known in advance. Therefore, please be honest with yourself when answering the questions.
With the PAPS test, we want to help you become aware of your own state of health—there are no consequences for your eligibility to participate. The recommendation at the end of the test is made available to you for your personal and voluntary further use. The PAPS test does not replace a visit to the doctor and cannot provide 100% certainty of an existing or emerging risk. The collected, non-personalized data will not be handed over to the organiser. The data may be used in anonymised and encrypted form for scientific purposes by the Medical Board of SCC EVENTS.